Re: PATCH: PROMPT_SP

On Jul 23, 11:10pm, Wayne Davison wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: PROMPT_SP
}
} On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 05:27:57AM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > What happens when THOSE characters cause the line to wrap?
}
} Then you only see as much of the [EOL] string as would fit on the line

Ah.  I had assumed you'd never want to cover up any part of the [EOL]
string unless you were covering up the entire thing.  The rest of my
comments followed from that assumption.

} [...] perhaps ~EOL~ would be
} better (which would degrade to a single ~ if nothing else fits).

What I find mildly distasteful are the ~E and ~EO cases.

How about '%B%S%#%s%b' ?