Re: SunOS build failures for the last 2 days

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:08:41AM -0400, Vin Shelton wrote:
> "./utils.epro", line 14: syntax error before or at: c
> "./utils.epro", line 14: warning: undefined or missing type for: c

The source was just recently changed to define ZLE_UNICODE_SUPPORT by
default on (what we hoped would be) systems that would support the new
Unicode support.  You can get back to the non-Unicode codebase by using
the configure option --disable-multibyte.  However, it would be nice if
you could help us to debug what part of the Unicode support is failing
on SunOS.

That error message makes it look like the type "wint_t" isn't known to
the compiler, but if that is true, I don't see how getkeystring() would
successfully build without ZLE_UNICODE_SUPPORT being defined -- unless
the new configure test for multibyte support had messed up somehow?
Perhaps try compiling and running the attached C program (compile it in
the same dir as your zsh config.h using "cc -o multibyte multibyte.c").

..wayne..
#include <stdio.h>
#include "config.h"

#ifdef HAVE_LOCALE_H
# include <locale.h>
#endif

int
main()
{
#if defined(HAVE_WCHAR_H) && defined(HAVE_WCTOMB) \
 && defined(HAVE_MBRTOWC) && defined(HAVE_WCRTOMB) \
 && defined (__STDC_ISO_10646__)
    printf("Yes\n");
#else
    printf("No\n");