Re: PATCH: Re: Superfluous CRs trouble completion routines in Cygwin

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Peter Stephenson wrote:

Bart Schaefer wrote:
??  I just don't see any reason why $'\r' would be magical.

It's a bit magical in Cygwin depending on whether you've told it to
translate ends of lines in the file system.  No idea if that's
relevant or not.

  For the Cygwin port, I'd updated Src/main.c to use a Cygwin specific
"feature" to force all read-only files opened by the shell to strip out
CRs.  This was necessary for reading shell scripts which might have been
created with dos carriage-control.
  Unfortinately, this only applies to read-only files (opened with
O_RDONLY), allowing for files opened for write to be influenced by the
filesystem settings.  Since the console stream is r/w, the above
"feature" doesn't apply.
  Since we are talking about console input, though, there may be a tty
setting to control weither CRs are passed to the input stream.  I'll see
if I can investigate this.

pws

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or <Peter.Castro@xxxxxxxxxx>