Re: Word splitting with zsh fix

* DervishD wrote on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 01:22:26PM CET:

>     I've spotted a problem with libtool that has to do with the word
> splitting that Zsh does in the expression '${1+"$@"}' (which, in
> turn, is a workaround to fix the "$@" expansion problem when the
> variable is empty in old shells). GNU autoconf has already corrected
> this problem, and I'm using a similar fix for libtool. The patch is
> gzipped and attached to this message.

Thanks for noticing this.  In fact, for CVS Libtool, we just call
AS_SHELL_SANITIZE to get Autoconf's initialization blurb (and its
fixes).  There is an open (unrelated) issue about that code being
discussed over at autoconf-patches at the moment; I'll backport it
to branch-1-5 as soon as that has settled.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Ralf