Re: building modules outside the source tree

On Mar 25,  7:33pm, Clint Adams wrote:
}
} This is a bit ugly.  [...]
} For a proof-of-concept, I've adapted a little utility which reads an Ogg
} Vorbis file and outputs its length in seconds and the comments/tags.

Please keep us posted on how far you get with this ... some software I
have is practically begging to be turned into a zsh module, but I have
not yet managed to get the two configure scripts to play together.

} probably the most objectionable thing
} is that I've copied config.h and zsh.mdh from the zsh build dir.

zsh.mdh isn't so bad, but config.h should be reduced to the parts that
are directly involved in module linking -- or better yet, there should
be a fragment of aczsh.m4 that could be incorporated into third-party
configure scripts.