"limit" broken on 64bit Linux?

We just installed a spanking-new Opteron machine with CentOS 4.3 for
the x86_64 architecture on it.  This is equivalent to RedHat EL4u3 and
comes with zsh-4.2.0 as a precompiled RPM.

The first thing I did was install my cvs-controlled zsh environment and
log out and back in.  I get:

/home/schaefer/.zsh/.zlogin:unlimit:29: no such resource: cputime

The "ulimit" (as opposed to uNlimit) command works fine, but the "limit"
command has nothing.

schaefer[4] zmodload zsh/rlimits
zmodload: module zsh/rlimits already loaded.
schaefer[5] limit
schaefer[6] ulimit
unlimited
schaefer[7] ulimit -a
cpu time (seconds)         unlimited
file size (blocks)         unlimited
data seg size (kbytes)     unlimited
stack size (kbytes)        10240
core file size (blocks)    0
resident set size (kbytes) unlimited
processes                  28663
file descriptors           1024
locked-in-memory size (kb) 32
address space (kb)         unlimited
file locks                 unlimited
1024
819200
schaefer[8] uname -a
Linux mercury.zanshin.com 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL #1 Wed May 24 05:05:44 CDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

It'll be a while before I get a chance to attempt recompiling zsh on this
machine.  Has anyone else seen this problem?  How can it even occur?