Re: Core dump with latest CVS

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> - Something else involving new flags.

Oh, yeah, I knew I'd thought of something else that made sense:

- Have a flag that indicates that characters all have width 1, but still
handle multibyte characters properly.  In other words, this indicates
explicitly we're doing repetition rather than padding according to
width.  This is potentially a useful feature anyway.  I'm not that keen
on making it the default, even though it's an extension of the old
behaviour, because to me padding naturally implies the use of the
character width.  But that could be done if it was popular.