Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: (Revisited): zsh + less == hard hang of tty.
- X-seq: zsh-workers 22802
- From: "Larry P. Schrof" <larry@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: (Revisited): zsh + less == hard hang of tty.
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:05:14 -0500
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <200609262215.24576.arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20060926142946.GA1608@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20060926172651.GB29060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200609261750.k8QHoAXv002753@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200609262215.24576.arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxxx>
There was one env variable set - LESSOPEN.
It was set to: |/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh %s
As soon as I did 'unset LESSOPEN', less ceased to hang.
I apologize if this is falling too far out of the jurisdiction
of zsh development, but I can't reproduce the problem in any other
I swear, I'll get strace output soon.
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:15:24PM +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 21:50, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > "Larry P. Schrof" wrote:
> > > - When I get a Linux tty to hang by doing this, log in on another tty,
> > > and kill the *less* process, it terminates, and any I/O that was in
> > > the buffer (from my extra keystrokes while less was hung) get
> > > interpreted by the shell. zsh becomes responsive again.
> > Sounds from this you may need to run strace on the less inside
> > the zsh -c (or just do it interactively), since zsh appears to be
> > just blithely waiting. We'll probably find less is trying to
> > grab the terminal and failing, or something like that... quite
> > what we do if that's the case, I'm not sure.
> I have been running the same versions for quite some time without any problem
> (nor do I now have problem with zsh CVS). One thing to check is what
> LESSPIPE (or other LESSxxxx) environments set to and try with all of them
> unset first.
> The only other thing that comes in mind is some weird interaction with job
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Messages sorted by: