Re: Bug in ulimit ?

David Peer wrote:
> If the user run: ulimit -t 0, he can run jobs without any cputime
> limitation:

This sounds more like a kernel problem to me than a zsh bug. I get the
same behavior on my Ubuntu 7.04 (beta) system, in _bash_.

I note that getrlimit(2) says:

 In 2.6.x kernels before 2.6.17, a RLIMIT_CPU  limit  of  0  is  wrongly
 treated  as "no limit" (like RLIM_INFINITY).  Since kernel 2.6.17, set‐
 ting a limit of 0 does have an effect, but is  actually  treated  as  a
 limit of 1 second.

However, I'm running 2.6.20(-14-generic), and still experiencing that
symptom.

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/