Re: zsh 4.3.4 released

(Moved to zsh-workers.)

"Christoph Bauer" wrote:
> Two short remarks:
>   - HP-UX 11: I need to define _INCLUDE__STDC_A1_SOURCE to compile zsh
>     with HP's cc.
>     (set CFLAGS=3D"$OTHER_CFLAGS -D_INCLUDE__STDC_A1_SOURCE")

Thanks for the report.  Is there anyway we can tell that this needs
defining?

>   - on SGI zsh-4.3.4 crashes immediatly:
> Starting program: /projekte/backup/tools/unix/sgi6n3/bin/zsh-4.3.4=20

> 0x1005b328 in optlookup ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x1005b328 in optlookup ()
> #1  0x1005b0c4 in bin_setopt ()
> #2  0x1000e8f8 in execbuiltin ()
> #3  0x1000e8f8 in execbuiltin ()
> Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

I don't have an SGI around and there isn't any suspicious-looking code
in optlookup() (though it has recently changed).  Are you able to
compile with --enable-zsh-debug and see what "name" is being passed to
the last frame ("show name")?  Alternatively, can you see which "setopt"
statement is causing the problem, or does it happen with a lot of
different varieties of statement?

To get further information regarding CSR, please visit our Investor Relations page at http://ir.csr.com/csr/about/overview