Re: zsh 4.3.4 released

On 23/04/07, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
(I've moved this to zsh-workers.)

"Mikael Magnusson" wrote:
> Here it is with debug symbols,

Thanks.  The crash is when outputting whitespace just before the "esac"
of a case statement.  I stepped through it and I couldn't see an obvious
problem.

It might be locale dependent; what are your settings?  Does exporting
a different value for LC_ALL make a difference?

Could you have a look at the values of the variables
tptr, tbuf, tlim, tsiz, tindent, tnewlins at the point of the crash?
(They're all file static in text.c, where it crashed.)

Got the same result with LC_ALL=C and LC_ALL=en_US.

0x080d0ce4 in taddchr (c=9) at text.c:42
42	    *tptr++ = c;
(gdb) print tptr
$8 = 0x2000000 <Address 0x2000000 out of bounds>
(gdb) print tbuf
$9 = 0x0
(gdb) print tlim
$10 = 0x4000000 <Address 0x4000000 out of bounds>
(gdb) print tsiz
$11 = 67108864
(gdb) print tindent
$12 = -2