Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] exec compatibility
- X-seq: zsh-workers 23401
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] exec compatibility
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 11:09:32 +0100
- In-reply-to: <20070507073253.GA3250@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Cambridge Silicon Radio
- References: <20070501002620.GA95730@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20070504130023.df33e042.pws@xxxxxxx> <070506225634.ZM9288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20070507073253.GA3250@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2007-05-06 at 22:56 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > One thing that rather annoys me about all this is that
> > zsh% - exec sh
> > and
> > zsh% exec - sh
> > seem no longer to be equivalent. Am I wrong about that?
> Uhm, I think so.
> Perhaps with a commit an extra comment should be added just above that
> line, noting that - needs to be carefully left alone as it's a
> precommand modifier in its own right. I really shouldn't have left
> that unremarked upon in the code.
It works for me, too; I've added a comment and committed it.
Oliver pointed out that "command" was documented in the builtins list
instead of Precommand Modifiers (which is presumably why you did the
same). I've simple copied the "command" documentation. It does mean there
was already one precommand modifier that treated options specially---it
does therefore look like a good idea to extend "--" handling to all of them
for futureproofing, which I haven't done yet.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
CSR PLC, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070
To access the latest news from CSR copy this link into a web browser: http://www.csr.com/email_sig.php
To get further information regarding CSR, please visit our Investor Relations page at http://ir.csr.com/csr/about/overview
Messages sorted by: