Re: problems with 4.3.4 and Tru64

On 2007-05-10 at 11:25 +0300, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>    I've compiled 4.3.4 on Tru64 5.1B and I can't type some characters with it
>  (åäö being most useful for Finns), it only makes a beep. With 4.2.x/4.3.2
>  it works, but since they are otherwise not that useful for UTF8 I had high
>  hopes for the new release..
>
>  Any ideas why that might be?

As a double-check to separate out input from shell handling, it'd be
good to see if you can compose and see the characters using
insert-compose-char.

  autoload insert-composed-char
  zle -N insert-composed-char
  bindkey '^Xk' insert-composed-char

(assuming here that you're using bash input bindings and are happy with
 <Ctrl-x><k> as being close to vim's insert-mode <Ctrl-k>)

This turns on digraph composition, similar to vim's digraphs or X11
Compose key.  To input the characters, type <Ctrl-x><k> followed by two
characters; you get å ä ö from the pairs: a0 a: o:

If these display fine, then multibyte is working and parts of zle are
working; the problem will be in input processing.  If these don't
display, then the problem's not in the input processing.

Thanks,
-Phil