Re: problems with 4.3.4 and Tru64

On 2007-05-10 at 22:24 +0300, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>  On Thu, 10 May 2007, Phil Pennock wrote:

[ some very poorly worded stuff; more sleep good, fewer 9am meetings
  good ]

> > If these display fine, then multibyte is working and parts of zle are
> > working; the problem will be in input processing.  If these don't
> > display, then the problem's not in the input processing.
>
>  Touche, that works!
>
>  Now, how to fix input processing?-)

For that, I've very idea.  I have so far steered clear of touching zle
and input processing on the "learn to walk before you try to run"
principle.

What I have noticed is that the configure tests for multibyte changed
between 4.3.2 and 4.3.4.  It might be helpful for those who _can_ debug
these if you can dig out config.log and config.h from both the 4.3.2 and
4.3.4 builds and put them on a webserver, posting the URLs here.  At a
_very_ brief look, it seems that there was a move to checking for
existence of the standardised API for widechar handling.

-Phil