Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug#439425: Random, but fairly regular, zsh segfaults
- X-seq: zsh-workers 23799
- From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Bug#439425: Random, but fairly regular, zsh segfaults
- Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:54:22 -0700
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx, 439425-forwarded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <200708251750.l7PHoCTD003747@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20070825145112.GA24393@xxxxxxxxxxx> <200708251750.l7PHoCTD003747@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 06:50:12PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Clint Adams wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 05:40:26PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell
> > wrote:
> > > zsh does the following to me fairly regularily; this seems
> > > different to me than the other segfault bug reports. It seems
> > > to do it slightly more often in my root shells. It seems to
> > > motly occur when I'm typing ahead (due to engaging in
> > > complicated history searching or whatever during machine
> > > slowdowns).
> > >
> > > I'm not sure how to get further data on this; it's pretty
> > > random. I'd be happy to work with the maintainer or upstream
> > > people, but note that I'm AFK from 28 Aug 2007 to 11 Sep 2007.
> > What are your history-related options? What are the values of
> > $HISTSIZE and $SAVEHIST ?
> It would be good to get a backtrace with full debugging
> information (configure with --enable-zsh-debug; it shouldn't make
> any difference to normal use), also to know how you're invoking
> the history search mechanism (there are lots of ways in).
Recompiling zsh will have to wait until I'm back from Japan; sorry.
I use "bindkey -v", and the most common ways I get to the history
are ESC-k and ESC-/
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** http://www.lojban.org/
Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/
Messages sorted by: