Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Geoff's prompt escape sequences patch (workers/23924)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 24099
- From: "Mikael Magnusson" <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Zsh Hackers" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Geoff's prompt escape sequences patch (workers/23924)
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:13:32 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=ocdrslgDiXffmU8Rh1+yX3ICreq2QPAbxt+C8XrrBmc=; b=Vkab3/ZI+mNavYSVgYsMk624L9ZMN4dj0R+mdQeUQ1FvKPd6XwQKKMSCaTmC7mUhxaLm+NSCj3S9/SUJkXZXnc7xIyGWJfLgPv0QtBhYR+BzjABrPwmdA+aSrfSxL/mXpnlPC2R1F4McAIJD/PY5TMorwAu5/hHTdmS4O1LfvFM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=s/f63H5OEXXd50Pzqx/dKvk4ZTcCVIN0aSKqoCFGEaUXpd3fVIKHPepTW0g+EB/PGIqzYYCg7BsAkCKaSE0x647fF/fMa6ChbMDHTBcp2K+XBSEGcRGjN60Gjr2kQnpO7ICr1mRNHD1mGSNAKSkVsXCkZhrgtdkAYX1uCHZ45Vs=
- In-reply-to: <20071117092655.GA19365@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <237967ef0711160657x550e449ch44c78a8798238372@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <071116084537.ZM20036@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20071117092655.GA19365@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 17/11/2007, Geoff Wing <gcw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 2007-11-17 03:46 +1100, Bart Schaefer output:
> :On Nov 16, 3:57pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> :} Subject: Re: Geoff's prompt escape sequences patch (workers/23924)
> :} I've found another problem that seems to be caused by this patch
> :} (located by git-bisect). When a bg'd job finishes, the cursor is drawn
> :} in the wrong place in the new prompt (#bar characters to the left).
> :It would appear that the starting position for the right prompt is not
> :being recomputed correctly. It's not just that the cursor is moved
> :left; RPS1 still begins at the same column even though it is shorter,
> :so it doesn't reach all the way to the margin.
> :The cursor positioning error is probably only apparent when the number
> :of bytes in the terminfo "move left N" string is less than the number
> :in "move to position X,Y".
> Yes, my fault. reexpandprompt() needs to happen before resetvideo()
> which uses the prompt sizes.
> :The effect is more obvious if you change to RPS1="%(1j.bar.)foo"
> I'll think this through properly a bit later (in a couple of days
> or so), though I currently think this fixes it.
It works here, thanks.
Messages sorted by: