Re: zsh in screen - bad erase key ^@ instead of ^H or ^?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:09:55 -0800
Chuck <GBSCDcM8oX5F7qrd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How do I tell zsh in screen that my backspace key is ^H or ^? instead of
> ^@ as it currently thinks? stty erase '^@' fails as does using tset.

It may be you're doing the opposite of what you need...

> ^v(bs key) tells me bs is currently ^@.

...this indicates the backspace key currently *is* sending ^@, because
the ^V stops zsh interpreting the character.

So instead, try making it so that it sends ^H or ^?: "stty erase '^?'".
(This is likely to be some artefact of screen since zsh doesn't
change special characters of that sort.)

If for some reason you're stuck with the backspace key sending ^@, you
can use "bindkey" to tell zsh to use it for functions usually bound with ^?
and ^h, but you shouldn't need to do that.