Re: "show" completion et al spammy when binaries don't exist

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Jan 14,  9:49am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> That'll do it for MH, but I think he meant something more like changing
> $_comp_setup from
>
> 	exec </dev/null
> 	exec </dev/null 2>>|$HOME/.zcomperror
>
> (which I think would break _complete_debug so it probably needs more
> thought than that).

I realize that was one of the suggestions, but I'm not convinced that's
the right way to go...  I think the right thing to do is to identify
those completions which produce output on standard error and fix them
appropriately.  Simply turning off the error messages gives you no clue
about why the completion has failed.  Even if the verbose messages
aren't directly useful to the end user, they give developers (who
need as much help as they can get) an inkling as to what needs fixing.