Re: Completion lockup

On 09/02/2008, Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Mikael Magnusson" wrote:
> > zsh -f
> > setopt rcquotes
> > a'''<tab>
> > Tried on two machines with 4.3.4-dev-7, both started spinning 100% cpu
> > longer than i felt like waiting.
>
> get_comp_string() is the second most horrible function ever written.
> The following not only stopped the crash it apparently worked, i.e.
> it complete a file a\'foobar I created in the path!  I didn't like
> to look any further.  I'm sure you'll let me know if anything funny
> is going on.

This seems to have done the trick, it's always nice when fixing something
makes it work too. The only funny thing I've noticed in the past 5 minutes
is that if i type a''''<tab> i get the file as a\'foobar, but if i
leave out the a and
just tab the four quotes, i get it in the command line as 'a''foobar' which
seems weird, but maybe the _correct (i think?) completer does things
differently. This is not something that bothers me in the least, just thought
i should mention it.

--
Mikael Magnusson