Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug#482346: zsh doesn't always wait for its children (-> zombie)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 25092
- From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx, 482346@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Bug#482346: zsh doesn't always wait for its children (-> zombie)
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 14:44:45 +0200
- In-reply-to: <20080524025556.GA30511@xxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx, 482346@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20080521235008.GA5600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20080521235930.GW7056@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20080522233327.GA24953@xxxxxxxx> <080523073940.ZM13804@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20080523145722.GA12096@xxxxxxxx> <20080523224305.GN7056@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20080524025556.GA30511@xxxxxxxx>
severity 482346 important
On 2008-05-24 02:55:56 +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 12:43:05AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > Same problem with zsh-beta 4.3.6-dev-0+20080506-1.
> Just to keep things clear, that has users/12815 applied, and the
> original report did not.
A bit more information:
This is 100% reproducible with both zsh and zsh-beta. This makes
the load average go very high (e.g. up to 26) and ends up by DoS
(the news server complains about the load average and shuts the
connection down). The only solution seems to reboot the machine.
(That's why I've increased the bug severity to important.)
Note: when I kill zsh, the zombie remains there and gets attached
to init. The load average remains very high.
I do not have such a problem when I start vlc from bash and quit
it in the same way.
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.org/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arenaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
Messages sorted by: