Directories with multibyte names are never empty

Hi all :)

First of all, my excuses if this is already solved. I haven't been
following the list with much attention lately and I'm using zsh-4.3.4
in my Ubuntu, which may be a bit outdated.

This said, the problem is very easy to reproduce:

$ mkdir H
$ mkdir H/ō  <-- This is an "o" with a dash above
$ mkdir H/a
$ mkdir H/empty
$ touch H/a/test
$ touch H/ō/test
$ print -l **/*(/^F)
H/empty
H/ō

The last output should be just "H/empty", but the directory with the
"ō" is considered empty, too (and it is obviously not empty).

I have multibyte enabled and my encoding is UTF-8 (both in console and
in the filesystem). Curiously, this doesn't happen with letters like
"ñ", "á", "é", etc. which are multibyte and are encoded using two
bytes in UTF-8, just like "ō" (0x014D => 0xC5 0x8D in UTF-8).

My locale is a mix between en_US-UTF-8 and es_ES-UTF-8 (I want the
messages in English; date, time, collation and ctype in Spanish).

If you need more information, just tell. Thanks a lot in advance :)

We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...