Re: environment settings

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 09:50:07PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2008-06-17 17:00:09 +0100, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
> > Do you mean that a zsh script should expect that someone might
> > have put typeset -U path in its ~/.zshenv?
>
> Yes. If it doesn't like it, it can still do a typeset +U path.
[...]

And while we're at it, it can also do an "unfunction echo" and
"unalias echo" because someone might have redefined "echo" in
the ~/.zshenv to behave POSIXly. But first, it may want to do a
\comm"a"n\d un\function unfunction because you never know these
days what people may want to put in ~/.zshenv.

Let's be serious please. Or let's do as for csh, where one must
add the -f to the shebang line to avoid this kind of problem.

~/.zshenv can be a useful tool but it must be used with care.

--
Stéphane