Re: Is there any interest in indentation patches?

On Sunday 20 July 2008, Richard Hartmann wrote:

> I have been going through a few functions and there is no clear style
> when it comes to indentation. Some files use whitespaces, some use tabs,
> many use a combination of the two. Some use 2 chars, some use 4. No idea
> if the commit noise is wanted, but I could prepare a batch of patches to
> fix this. It's work no one wants to do, anyway :p

If you will start it, may I ask to add standard mode lines for vi
(and possibly emacs) so that selected style is ensured in the future?

> Is that wasted effort or a worthwhile thing to do?

In general, I guess, yes. The main problem with functions is they
have overly long lines, specifically where _arguments is used.

May be we could switch off line folding although I always has mixed
feelings about it.