Re: Please help: How to test/hack Zsh and find bugs?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:50:08 +0000
MicoJade <micojade@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to know how does a developer(say a Zsh application developer
> who actually works on Zsh or port Zsh) do testing for Zsh either by
> unit design testing, or hack testing for a Zsh release before it
> finally is released?
>
> Are there any classical test cases that we can use to do the testing
> for the Zsh and find bugs for Zsh or the ported Zsh on specific OS
> platform?

You should find that the test suite in the Test subdirectory of the
zsh distribution is a good starting point.  If those are passing, there
can't be much wrong.  There main gap in the coverage is purely
interactive features such as job control.