zsh debugger status and version control RFC

I've been pretty satisfied with the progress towards porting bashdb
from http://bashdb.sf.net to zsh in the relatively little time I've
devoted to it.

I wrote bashdb  a while ago and redoing has given me an opportunity to
look at the code anew and make it more modular and more like the
python and ruby debuggers. So from a code perspective, this code is
much neater than the last released bashdb source.

But since there is a bit of code to port,  I don't expect any finished
product soon; a fair bit of it is pretty straightforward. Of course, I
want to encourage others to participate, or if interested watch what's
going on and perhaps give constructive criticism. If there is
interest, I can put the code out in a public version control system.
But probably after things get a little less chaotic. I imagine this
will be in a week or so.

I don't want to add this in CVS or in the bashdb project on
sourceforge.net. Right now I've been working off of git on my home
computer. SVN is okay, but git seems a little cooler. So right now I
was thinking github. But I'm open to suggestions.

Again, thoughts and comments are welcome.
Thanks.