feature deprecation (Re: process substitution temp files in cygwin/4.3.9)

I'd posted a couple of replies to this which fell victim to spam
filtering. No matter - a shorter reply probably better all round.

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> [...]

I recall from many years ago this was discussed as a special-case
feature:  the assignment form did not delete the temporary file.  It's
worked like that for a long time, and I have many scripts which rely on
it.

Anthony