Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: edit-command-line with spaces in EDITOR
- X-seq: zsh-workers 26144
- From: "Mikael Magnusson" <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: PATCH: edit-command-line with spaces in EDITOR
- Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:27:33 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=JoW4lbfJnzGB3CxkPia0E5xoKQK0Q6nV9BwQLHRIRNw=; b=MDCF5DDYrTWj6PcPizUjsk1e/Z8shWY27vufpyVfznclrz0rtd3V8F0NE2pDanZllH 5qzAPDkPCuIVx9jpPpR9JpaDsckZ12rq6qcz6D5GQsvlPpqxSiYTg8wiXG/XYk63jF7/ WcpnP8MIAOU8mz7/sikLAIHpXLq1j3/M9si08=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=Qqld/SIb8//P2W07+5zM6EOmiLzAOWHOUHZZ5V6V9tYw7QB3cttMPIvsw7ktpsalUH /8QA/ipyNAYRwD5EenyT6UGQQ/kTIV029halfRz4Hpfst7tV1n/jTz6lrjnKl15oEZSu 6tdGUiqgqAFWOF4NX37WS7/wdtT55CE+MKrps=
- In-reply-to: <237967ef0812160907s6481321dnf796fcdcbb93fb1f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20081216153846.GA10426@xxxxxxxx> <237967ef0812160907s6481321dnf796fcdcbb93fb1f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2008/12/16 Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2008/12/16 Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx>:
>> Apparently people want to set EDITOR to things like
>> "connect-emacs editor -t".
> I'm not convinced this is a good idea. If the binary or path to it
> contains a space, you just broke it. It's probably better to just tell
> people to make a short wrapper script. Also, if some apps parse spaces
> in EDITOR and others don't, then you effectively have to _both_ keep
> the path+binary space-free and not give any arguments. That seems
> suboptimal. FWIW git interprets spaces in EDITOR but... AFAIK it has
> always been the name of a binary and nothing more.
I had a feeling I was forgetting something when I was typing that,
just realized what it was;
% EDITOR="connect-emacs editor -t"
% $EDITOR myfile
zsh: command not found: connect-emacs editor -t
I guess you can still type $=EDITOR though...
Messages sorted by: