Re: Suggestion for a new doc style

On Dec 28, 12:52pm, Richard Hartmann wrote:
}
} Thus, I wanted to suggest that all _new_ docs that ware written
} have a term like '(introduced in x.y.z)' appended to them.

If this is done (and I'm not at all sure it should be) I think it
should be wrapped up in appropriate yodl conditionals so that it only
appears in the HTML version.  The only value of such an annotation is
when the manual you're reading doesn't match your version of the shell,
which ordinarily can happen only if you're reading the docs online.
Otherwise the doc you have corresponds to the shell you have, and it
would be unnecessary (and to me annoying) to have a continuous history
lesson embedded in the manual.

There's a reason for the ChangeLog file.