Re: History file corruption on NFS

On 2008-12-31 16:58:18 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> in your bug report[1] about zsh using the wrong kind of lock
> in lockhistfile, you mentioned wanting to look into the
> issue. Did you have time to do that?

The problem has been fixed upstream. See the following thread:

  http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2008/msg00479.html

Wayne Davison wrote a simpler patch, which was included in zsh on
2008-05-04, after version 4.3.6. It works in practice and I've also
just re-checked the code. AFAIK, this patch hasn't been backported
to Debian's package (I didn't see a HIST_FCNTL_LOCK option in the
package version 4.3.6-7). So, the Debian bug should remain open.