Re: select problem

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:48:25AM -0800, david sowerby wrote:
> I don't want to subscribe to the mailing lists so please cc
> I wrote a shell script in bash (sorry) before I switched to zsh.
> The script has no "bashisms" but when I changed #!/bin/bash to
> #!/bin/zsh it didn't work correctly -- zsh ver 4.3.6 on debian
> It's just a simple script using select to print a list of
> music, choose a file and play it.
> select input in $(/bin/ls -A /home/david/music)
[...]

Sorry, I'm not answering you question, but just a note:

There's no such thing as a bashism as all (except for a few
little ones) bash features come either from ksh, zsh or (t)csh.

"select" is not standard (that is not in the POSIX sh, which
is the only standard you can expect both bash and zsh to conform
to (when called as "sh")) and is a kshism. It's also rather
useless as one can do the same thing easily without.

--
Stéphane