Re: PATCH: add zle-line-finish special widget

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:54:03 -0500
Greg Klanderman <gak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > it's possible that the zle-line-finish widget should not run when
> > errflag != 0.
>
> > I don't know all the ramifications of the values of various globals
> > at the end of zlecore().  PWS?

I suspect if you don't set errflag to 0 at that point (and it's
non-zero) it might not run anyway, but I haven't looked (I would have to
trace the code or test it, which you can do if you feel inclined).
I don't know if this is correct or not---it really depends what
zle-line-finish is designed to do.  If it's a catch-all tidy up, it
probably *should* run and then you probably should set errflag to 0
after saving the surrounding value.

You might want to check if Bart's recent comments on zle-line-init are
relevant.