kill-region hook

Hello,

I would like to have a hook (a shell function) run when "kill-buffer" is
populated.
Motivation: I would use it to promote the string to X selection (via
an Escape sequence of rxvt).

I changed the cuttext function to call callhookfunc.
I made a function to do WideChar->Locale-encoding conversion, but I'm not sure if that is a
zsh way to do it.

Then I found zlelineasstring, but I don't understand what metafy is about (it's
called in zlelineasstring to modify the C string somehow).

Can anybody help?  Patch enclosed.