Re: PATCH: sort ordering by function

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:54:23 -0800
> } +note that the maximum number of sort operators of any kind that may appear
> } +in any glob expression is 12.
>
> Where did 12 come from?

It's a bit random.  There used be 11 sort operators; you could have as many
as you wanted in order, but once only, so the limit was 11.  Having added a
new operator, I extended it to 12---but then realised that actually the new
operator was powerful enough that allowing it to be run once only
wasn't very helpful.  So I removed that restriction, but left the overall limit.
It wouldn't take too much work to remove but in practice it's not going to
hurt anyone.  Hitting it should be gracefully handled.