Re: Why run-help gets the expanded command?

On Feb 20,  9:43pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Why run-help gets the expanded command?
}
} On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:53:20 +0000 (UTC)
} Jorg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > I've defined some aliases like wget='noglob wget'. Running run-help
} > (ESC h) for these commands gives me the help for noglob. I've checked and
} > run-help is called with noglob, i.e. the expanded command and not the one
} > typed in by the user.
}
} I'm not quite sure what that was trying to achieve, since it doesn't do
} this for which-command.

It's trying to do the right thing for the dirt-simple default which is
"alias run-help=man" rather than the right thing for the autoloadable
shell function function named "run-help" that is now supplied with the
distribution (but might not always be available and might not be in use
even if it is available).