Re: Echoing of 8-bit-characters broken after 4.3.2?

On Feb 28,  9:35am, Wolfgang Hukriede wrote:
}
} After upgrading from 4.3.2 to 4.3.9 I've currently two zshells open of
} the respective versions, each in its own xterm-window. Now, while in
} 4.3.2, when I type any 8-bit-character (from the latin1-set), it is nicely
} echoed back. But this no longer works in 4.3.9.

This doesn't happen to be on Mac OSX, does it?  (You should always
include operating system information when reporting a problem.)

} All zsh-dotfiles in both sessions are identical. No LC-variables are
} set (but export LC_CTYPE=ISO8859-1 does not help either).

I think the trouble there is that this is the wrong value for LC_CTYPE.

Try

    export LANG=is_IS.ISO8859-1

I discovered this by tab-completing values for LANG.