Re: Git mirror at SF + link to "repos" script

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 05:59:16AM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> I'm excited about doing this too, but the git repo doesn't seem to
> quite match up with CVS HEAD:

The two errors you cited are both cvsps errors triggered by the same
bug:  in each case, the commits went like this:  (1) a ChangeLog commit
with a particular log message, (2) a commit to another file with the
same log message, (3) a second commit to the same extra file (within the
default fuzz factor of 5 minutes) that has the same log message as the
other 2 commits.  This caused the reverse-scan of the cvs log data to
associate the newer revision with the ChangeLog commit (giving it the
patchset time of the ChangeLog change), and then create a new patchset
entry for the 2nd, earlier entry, but one that is later in time than
the patchset of the first revision.  Ouch.

The easiest "fix" is to specify a smaller fuzz factor size, but I'm also
looking at fixing the source code to notice that is is miss-ordering the
entries in the file, since that is never the right thing to do.

When I get done, I'll create a new git mirror from the cvs repo.

..wayne..