Re: PATCH: Column alignment with print -c -P

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:11:12 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Hwang <nomex45@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This fixes misaligned columns when using %B, %U, %S, %F, or %K prompt
> expansions with the -c/-C option of the print builtin. This fix only
> affects those who have multibyte enabled.

Thanks, that's an improvement: it ought in principle to be able to do this
by propagating the information that's generated for real prompts about the
presence of escape sequences.  However, that's an extremely minor case and
the print code is complicated enough already, so I've just made a comment
about it.