Re: Git mirror at SF

Wayne Davison <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
[...]
> Today I implemented a better fix for the cvsps code, and am testing that
> to see how it will handle the new commits that show up.  While that is
> going on you may see a delay in new cvs commits showing up in the git
> repo.
>
> When I'm done, I'm going to push a brand new git repository because my
> new cvsps code managed to join together a split commit into a proper
> changeset, and I want to update the repository with that change.
>
> For anyone who grabs changes via "git pull --rebase", git should sync up
> just fine when the new repository goes out (I tested it, and it uses a
> 3-way merge for the spot where the 2 commits become one, and the end
> result is identical to a fresh pull).

Hi Wayne,

Currently, the git repository's history seems a little off (although
the repo's contents appear to be correct).

a) I don't see any new tags (like one for 4.3.10-dev-3).

b) I think the history of the git repository should be linear,
   shouldn't it? But year it seems to be broken up in one or two
   places, see: http://ft.bewatermyfriend.org/tmp/zshgithist.png
   Note that commits (alongside their tags) from November 2008 precede
   commits from January 2008 in that history.
   I am sure, this was not the case in earlier git imports, since I
   sometimes used the git history to check when a certain change was
   made in zsh.

This is a newly cloned repository, to avoid possible problems when
using --rebase when pulling.

My current git version is: 1.6.2.2.446.gfbdc0

Any ideas? Or am I misjudging something here?

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925