Re: PATCH: Enable D07multibyte.ztst for locales ending in .utf8

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 05:18:21PM +0000, Paul Ackersviller wrote:
> I had closer look at why Test/D07multibyte.ztst was being skipped on
> HP-UX 11.11, I guess it was just too obvious to spot sooner.  The locale
> on the system is en_US.utf8, but that name was being transformed before use.

A bit of elaboration on this, since I was surprised to find the locales
on my Linux boxen also named en_US.utf8, etc.  How could the orginal
test script have been working then?  It appears that on Linux you can
set LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and get the (presumably) desired result.