Re: zsh seg fault when TERM = linux

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Murilo_Opsfelder_Ara=FAjo?= wrote:
>> How can I see in zsh of server side if TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL is set?
>
> This would only be in the directory where zsh was originally compiled,
> if you don't have that you can't tell.

On the server, I unpacked the zsh 4.3.9 and applied all FreeBSD
patches made by ports. After that I greped for TGETENT_ACCPETS_NULL.
See:

server$ cd /usr/ports/shells/zsh
server$ make patch
server$ cd work/zsh-4.3.9
server$ grep -r 'TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL' ./
./config.h.in:#undef TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL
./Src/init.c:#ifndef TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL
./Src/init.c:#ifdef TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL
./configure.ac:AH_TEMPLATE([TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL],
./configure.ac:  AC_DEFINE(TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL)
./configure:#define TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL 1

I think these are the options zsh was installed on server. If you need
the options zsh port was compiled, it will take me more time. I have
no root acces on the server.

>> On the server side (where zsh crashes) there is no command 'infocmp'.
>> The server is running FreeBSD.
>
> So this appears to be something to do with the response of FreeBSD to
> being given a TERM setting of "linux"; can you reproduce this by setting
> TERM to linux locally on the server?

I set TERM to 'linux' on the server before calling 'zsh'. All seems
ok. May be a problem with ssh connection.

If you need more, please, let me know.

Thanks.

--
Murilo Opsfelder Araujo