Re: PATCH: Add CORRECT_NOCOMPSYS option

On Thu, 28 May 2009 14:44:33 -0400
Greg Klanderman <gak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Even with the 'matcher-list' setting for substring completion, file
> completion of files starting with '.' does work as I want.  Can
> someone point me to where that is handled?

It's probably where the references to GLOBDOTS are in
Src/Zle/computil.c.  See if .'s stop being ignored when GLOBDOTS is
turned on; if so, ^x? will produce trace output that should show you if
the effect of the glob is being produced within the shell function
suite, or is hidden somewhere, which would probably be compfiles.

_path_files makes undocumented and somewhat cryptic calls to compfiles,
which is implemented within the zsh/computil module.  This is cryptic in
a more cosmic sense.  Anyone who still remembers looking at the BASIC
code for Philosopher's Quest on the BBC Micro will find it familiar.