need help debugging cvs completion problem

Hi,

The ztrftime patch I just sent fixes one problem with cvs completion,
in the _cvs_modified_entries function (used by 'cvs diff' completions),
but there appears to be another problem in _cvs_existing_entries (used
by 'cvs annotate' completions, for example).  The variable 'pat' is
being populated with the correct set of completions, however, the
final line:

  (( ${#pat} )) && _wanted files expl file _path_files -a pat

then results in all files (even those not under CVS control) being
considered for completion.

I assume this is some problem with _path_files, so am hoping someone
might be able to at least tell me what the '-a' argument is supposed
to be doing.  At a higher level, if we already know the completions,
why are we using _path_files in the first place here?

thanks,
Greg