Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: termcap/terminfo includes
- X-seq: zsh-workers 27687
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: Roy Marples <roy@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: termcap/terminfo includes
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:50:12 +0000
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <4B6EA9B1.4030001@xxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: CSR
- References: <4B6EA9B1.4030001@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 11:53:21 +0000
Roy Marples <roy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> NetBSD recently gained terminfo and zsh is now failing to build.
> The exact error is due to a zsh definition vs our curses.h underscore()
> Looking through the code, I see no reason why either termcap or terminfo
> code should include curses header as no curses calls are made.
> Also, it is an unsafe assumption that either curses.h or term.h pulls in
> termcap.h for the function decs.
Nothing is a safe assumption with the terminal headers, which took years to
get to compile cleanly on multiple systems with very different interactions
between the headers. The result isn't logical but without actually trying
changes on heaps of systems (which I don't have access to) we're stuck with
that. In particular removing lots of #ifdef tests for things probed by
configure isn't safe.
Please could you send a minimal change to fix your problem? A generic
solution is obviously better (though fraught for the reasons above) but
we'll certainly make do with a system-specific test.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070 Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited
Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK
Member of the CSR plc group of companies. CSR plc registered in England and Wales, registered number 4187346, registered office Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom
Messages sorted by: