Re: gsoc?

Clint Adams wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 01:48:19PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > If you're trying to get more people to work on the shell, feel free, but
> > I've had no luck.
>
> I've been pretty cynical aboud Google Summer of Code in the past, but
> maybe this could facilitate some things.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforMentors
>
> I'm willing to put some time into this if people think it's a good idea to
> prevent Peter from imploding.

:-)

If we can find something that fits that would be great.  I think the
problem might be finding a suitable project that doesn't frighten off
someone unfamiliar with the code.  So things like making completion or
variable handling neater are probably out.

Internationalization is one area that could do with some work.  We've
discussed this in the past:  there are two parts, the main shell, which
is relatively straightforward, and functions, where there's some
significant design work.  I think my last proposal is in
http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers//2007/msg01120.html

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited