Re: vcs_info and locales

On 2010-04-25 at 21:09 +0200, FranÃois Gannaz wrote:
> Le 2010-04-25, Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a Ãcrit :
> > On 2010-04-25 at 10:38 +0200, Frank Terbeck wrote:
> > > Anyway, could you try the following patch for the locale problem? I
> > > think it should solve the issue once and for all.
> >
> > I have one concern, which leads to the question: is it really necessary
> > to set LC_ALL instead of LC_MESSAGES?
>
> Yes it is. I used LC_ALL here because that was the only one that made "svn
> info" switch to English when default locale is set to "fr_FR.utf8".

In that case, you already had LC_ALL set, which is why part of my
proposed solution was to unset it.

I've just tested, and svn behaves as I expect for a locale-aware app:
LANG is a default, which provides implicit values for LC_<foo> where foo
is not ALL.  It's overriden by each LC_<foo> if set.  All of those are
overriden by LC_ALL.

-Phil

% locale
LANG=