Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: vcs_info and locales
- X-seq: zsh-workers 27917
- From: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: FranÃois Gannaz <francois.gannaz@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: vcs_info and locales
- Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:36:17 +0200
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx, Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <20100426002937.GA67488@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Phil Pennock's message of "Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:29:37 -0700")
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20100424234017.776ae0ea@coriolan> <87aassncyk.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100425131944.GA55789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100425210922.13596c4f@coriolan> <20100426002937.GA67488@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2010-04-25 at 21:09 +0200, FranÃois Gannaz wrote:
>> Le 2010-04-25, Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a Ãcrit :
>> > On 2010-04-25 at 10:38 +0200, Frank Terbeck wrote:
>> > > Anyway, could you try the following patch for the locale problem? I
>> > > think it should solve the issue once and for all.
>> > I have one concern, which leads to the question: is it really necessary
>> > to set LC_ALL instead of LC_MESSAGES?
>> Yes it is. I used LC_ALL here because that was the only one that made "svn
>> info" switch to English when default locale is set to "fr_FR.utf8".
> In that case, you already had LC_ALL set, which is why part of my
> proposed solution was to unset it.
> I've just tested, and svn behaves as I expect for a locale-aware app:
> LANG is a default, which provides implicit values for LC_<foo> where foo
> is not ALL. It's overriden by each LC_<foo> if set. All of those are
> overriden by LC_ALL.
Indeed, LANG is a fallback value used for everything that's
unset. LC_ALL forces every value to its value.
My patch from workers-27908Â should do what Phil proposed. Could you try
if that works for you, FranÃois? This would give all backends C-locale
messages, which would avoid bugs like this for all of them now and in
Â - <http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2010/msg00360.html>
Messages sorted by: