Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zsh: insert-last-word problem after completion
- X-seq: zsh-workers 27927
- From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: zsh: insert-last-word problem after completion
- Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:24:01 +0200
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx, 579209@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20100426233840.67d4934c@pws-pc>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mail-followup-to: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx, 579209@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20100426105331.GC25015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100426131139.6e7311a7@xxxxxxx> <20100426154210.GD25015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100426233840.67d4934c@pws-pc>
On 2010-04-26 23:38:40 +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> There are two ways to approach this: either have the "&" inserted as
> now, with the space removed, which is the same as if the "&" was typed;
> or fix the suffix when inserting the last word. The drawback with the
> former (which is what it's currently trying to do, but failing) is that
> replacing the & with earlier words would leave the space before it
> removed, and in most cases that won't be the right thing to do (you'd
> get "my_echofalse" in this case). So I think the latter is the right
> answer---we know that what we're inserting always functions as a
> complete word, hence fixing the space or whatever makes more sense even
> if in the case of the first last word you happen not to need it.
> This happens to be the simpler fix (though I have an implementation of
> the other one, too).
Thanks, I confirm that this fixes the problem.
> By the way, as an alternative to smart-insert-last-word, what I do is
> have the widget copy-earlier-word bound to ESC = so that I can get
> earlier words from the line to which ESC . has taken me.
FYI, I was using smart-insert-last-word in the past, but it was too
buggy (see the discussion in zsh-users in October 2006). I think that
the problems have been resolved and I can reenable it...
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arénaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
Messages sorted by: