Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: vcs_info and locales
- X-seq: zsh-workers 27956
- From: Richard Hartmann <richih.mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: vcs_info and locales
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:07:14 +0200
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=oZuWteN20zfQmsiNBcPJH9Sf8NwduOmxyxOVMzXt2IM=; b=soNgisU74SZOPk+lbeXomVI1neHMg+3BQ4183ditKXnKbzFORwvdJx8iRK49HSDdYq iJikfGCbhjDB5BX+CAV9VEG+rOlkwREnXvxOp24rH306cZIKwZWEbOHxaoa8puhpi3Vs q1siJY5tVvIDFh+CJOuStLZHId4yqKUkkc2Sg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=Mi/+agLKDDgqdCkk7YLw6i43Giusj3boA67TPPioabfseF4NN43oOw5R/PmwrTCQFY cC+ivXDi2loyH/sSIfATbRiXkmqv+/P1BhkH/moRee2qV8fkB3u3tugOTLcVa5wfOHmT mfey6gkXKmA/oRaNcrQWm3lbVtNc5ppQqhYbE=
- In-reply-to: <8739yjoc84.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20100424234017.776ae0ea@coriolan> <87aassncyk.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100425131944.GA55789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <8739yjoc84.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 16:09, Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Probably true. Although, I'd expect programs you can use for scripting
> to use untempered byte sequences. But then, where is the boundary for
> programs that are used for scripting and pure user-interface programs...
> `svn info' is probably a pretty blurry example already.
While fixing locales is a viable workaround, the root cause is that svn
is not able to present its information in a machine-readable way.
Would it be worthwhile to try and lobby svn etc to support something
like --output text; --output xml (yah, yah, I know) etc?
Everything else feels like a kludge.
PS: I seem to remember that one or two VCS have something like
this, but that is _very_ dim.
Messages sorted by: