Re: Bug in zsh builtin pwd when option CHASE_LINKS is set

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Peter Stephenson
<Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:13:39 +0200
> Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 2004-09-24 09:48:42 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> > lepuid:~> zsh -f
>> > lepuid% setopt CHASE_LINKS
>> > lepuid% pwd
>> > /users/spaces/lefevre
>> > lepuid% cd .snapshot
>> > lepuid% pwd
>> > .
>
> This is happening on our Netapp too, not surprisingly.
>
> The .snapshot isn't in the parent's directory list, so we're stuck.  We'll
> just have to use a best guess. "." isn't a particularly good one.

There was just recently a lot of discussion about behavior of cd /
$PWD / $OLDPWD on the austin-group list.  I'm rather short on time
this week so rather than try to research it I'll just ask whether
anyone thinks there are relevant bits there, and hope someone else can
follow up.

(Sorry.)