Re: zsh doesn't load HISTFILE from readonly directory

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:07:30 +0100
Peter Stephenson <Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Or should
> > > we simply issue a warning when and continue any time we can't lock
> > > the file?
> >
> > So, as long as we narrow this to make a check for why we couldn't
> > create the lock (EACCES in this case) maybe this is the right way to
> > go after all?
> >
> > We still need to decide when we should print an error.  I would be
> > tempted to do it every time.
>
> This prints an error when fc fails, but not when interactive history
> fails.  It probably wants careful looking over:  note the change of
> meaning in return values from file locking.

I've committed this, so watch for oddities to do with history reading and
writing.

(I also committed a change to _zstyle by mistake which is harmless but
currently useless.  It should become more useful after I post some new
shell functions.)

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited